Sunday 22 December 2013

Yes! Our HR need some manners

Often called as land of biggest democracy and hypocrisy, India is a place of surprises. My topic is directed towards Human Resource managers working in India who seldom tends to forget what punctuality is. Strangely, they are the one who checks on the punctuality of employees in their respective organization.  

I wish to tell an incident that happened with me almost a year ago when I was in an organization waiting for the HR to conduct my interview. I had 4 more mates who were waiting with me and believe me the wait lasted really long. Our interview was scheduled at 12:00pm; but may be the HR who was suppose to conduct the interview thought 12:00pm to be 3:00pm. Reason can be numerous or rather I would call them excuses, but it did give a bad impression on us.  HR was seen floating around in the office doing nothing, but still we were asked to wait. And believe me this scenario, may be more worst or less grave is prevalent almost everywhere. Candidate keeps on waiting, but his or her interview never starts on time.

Being unemployed does not in any way indicates that one has all the leisure time in world.  I was discussing this topic with one of my friend who apparently returned from Florida competing is post-graduation. He was not shocked because he knew how things work in India. But, it was inspiring when my friend told me that how in U.S, HR are extremely professional and courteous towards interviewee. He told me that he visited a manufacturing head office for internship and how their HR came down the building to take him up and apologized to him for being 10 minutes late. Strangely, the same Indians who do not respect time in their own country tend to become very professional abroad.


Certainly, a food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment